Another poem...

Note: I've posted a lot of poetry so far, which is odd because I would not consider myself a poet AT ALL. But here is a poem I wrote in February of 2014. Enjoy! :)



A Baby Is Coming and It Goes Too Quickly

I heard the words leave my mouth, "A baby..."
A baby is coming and we are not
Ready. We feel the movement inside, maybe.
Hopefully we don't have to tie the knot.

We try and try to forget what we did.
But e'rytime we feel a kick, we remember.
We know we are too young to have this kid.
Its coming soon, and its not December.

I am wondering if it will be a boy.
I am wondering if it will be a girl.
I'll love it, my little bundle of joy.
Overwhelming happiness makes me twirl.

There is no more "we" it is just me.

Now I cry under this big, old, dead tree. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment 1

Experiment 5